How to Prepare your Home for Photos
We often hear the same question from our clients: "how do we get the seller's house ready for photos?" So we thought we could share some advice to help everyone out while prepping to sell your home!
House Preparation Checklist
Here are a few things you can expect on the day of the photo shoot:
- Appointments normally take 30-45 minutes
- The focus is on main living areas and special features that highlight your home
- Unfinished areas or closets are skipped, unless specifically requested
- We will take 30-35 photos of the areas to best show your home
- We will turn on lights (and turn them back off), arrange window blinds, and move a few small items, if necessary
- We send the photos to your real estate agent to put online and get buyers in the door!
Here is a checklist for you to prepare your home before we arrive:
- Clean, this is your first impression on the market
- Make sure all light bulbs are working
- Remove all magnets and papers from the refrigerator
- Clear off kitchen counter tops
- Hide all exposed power cords
- Hide toys, place them in boxes so they can be removed
- Place toothbrushes and bathroom sink clutter in a drawer
- Turn off computer and TV screens
- Move cars out of driveway
If you have any questions, please see samples on our website or reach out to your real estate agent. You can also call us at 215-934-8427.